NS 263-1: XKI Telegram Rejuvenation Act [COMPLETED] Sept 30, 2017 13:51:17 GMT -5
Post by Markanite on Sept 30, 2017 13:51:17 GMT -5
NS 263-1: XKI Telegram Rejuvenation Act
Record Number: NS 263-1
Should the Council enact XKI Telegram Rejuvenation Act?
1. The XKI Telegram and Guide Project (from now on also known as "the Project") is hereby established.
2. The role of the XKI Telegram and Guide Project is to rewrite the recruitment, welcome, and exit telegrams for the 10000 Islands, to test those rewritten telegrams for maximum effectiveness, to rewrite written regional guides to include updated information and integrate those guides into telegrams, and to coordinate these efforts with the Ministers of Immigration and Education and Escanaba.
3. The XKI Telegram and Guide Project shall be Chaired by Aersoldorf, with a total operating budget of five million tacos provided by the Regional Reserve, and a flat salary of 500,000 tacos being provided to the Chair by the Regional Reserve upon completion of the project. In order to avoid impropriety, the Chair shall not draw any additional compensation beyond 500,000 tacos. If the Chair resigns, CTEs, or is determined by the Council of Nine to have fallen inactive before the completion of the project, then the Chief Executive shall select a replacement. The Chair will have sole discretion regarding final decisions about the new telegrams and guides. The Chair shall submit brief monthly reports to either the Minister of Immigration or Education, for review by the Council of Nine. Monthly reports shall include the progress made on the project in the past month, all payments made out of the operating budget, and the next future steps.
3. The XKI Telegram and Guide Project will be coordinated by the Chair, the Ministers of Immigration and Education and Escanaba in order to accomplish these goals. The Chair is the only member with executive powers and can, at his sole discretion, hire other people to assist in portions of the project. The Project Chair will determine the compensation of anyone else who is involved in the project. Any accusations of corruption or abuse of the Project's funds will be brought to the Minister of Immigration or the Minister of Education, who will review it and then bring the accusation to the Council of Nine if the accusation has merit, and the Council of Nine shall pursue disciplinary action as it sees fit, with the provision that the Council of Nine will, except in the cases of the grossest misconduct, defer to the Project Chair's discretion. In order to avoid accusations of impropriety, the Project Chair will not place funds in the XKI Bank or invest them otherwise on behalf of the Project.
4. The Ministers of Immigration and Education and Escanaba will form a panel with the Project Chair, but they can only offer consultation and counseling, as they have non-executive powers for the Project. Nevertheless, they can help the Chair and assist in portions of the project as well. As they have non-executive powers, their work shall not be monetarily compensated.
5. The XKI Telegram and Guide Project must complete its mission within six (6) months, or have its charter extended by the Council of Nine.
PASSED 8-0, with 1 abstention
Tuga Nation's Dragon
United Royal Islands