NS 269-1: Wage Reform Act [MODIFIED] Feb 1, 2018 14:16:31 GMT -5
Post by Markanite on Feb 1, 2018 14:16:31 GMT -5
NS 269-1: Wage Reform Act
Record Number: NS 269-1
1. The following wages shall be given to public positions in the 10000 Islands:
Positions that Pay 1500 per Week
Regional Reserve Chair
Positions that Pay 1250 per Week
Mayor of Shelter's Taco Island
Positions that Pay 1000 per Week
Dean of XKI University
Deputy Regional Reserve Chair
Member of the 10000 Islands Official Welcome Committee
* Same pay no matter how many regions an emissary/ambassador is assigned to
Positions that Pay 500 per Week
Deputies to Councilmembers (Deputy Senator, Deputy Minister, Foreign Affairs Secretary)
Deputy Dean of XKI University
Positions with Special Pay
University Professor (2,500 awarded if a syllabus is submitted to the Regional Reserve Chair and Dean; an additional 2,500 awarded if a completed class thread is submitted)
Recruiter (see NS see NS 198-1 and bonuses)
Members and Command of TITO
Border Control Regional Officer
2. The Minister of Labor shall have (among their other responsibilities) the duty and right to establish a wage for any job, to change any job's wage, and to establish a new wage for a previously volunteer job, under the rules and with the exceptions below.
A. The Minister of Labor may not change their own wage without the consent of the Council of Nine, may not add a wage to any job that is explicitly stated in a law to be volunteer, and may not change recruiter compensation.
B. The Minister of Labor must inform the Council and make public notice if they adjust any wage.
C. Each job type must pay the same to everyone who holds it at a given time.
3. If, within two weeks of being informed by the Minister of Labor, two-thirds of Councilmembers state their disagreement with the (adjusted) wage(s), the wage change shall be rescinded, and the Minister of Labor may make a new proposal for consideration by the Council.
4. The Minister of Labor shall maintain a public list of wages and wage-earners. He or she shall work with the Chief Executive to ensure those wages are duly paid.
5. Any position within TITO shall forever remain a volunteer position.
6. NS 83-1 is hereby struck from law.
PASSED 5-1, with 3 abstentions
Tuga Nation's Dragon
Dominion of Compassion
United Royal Islands
Repealed: NS 83-1: Should Workers Get Paid? and NS 208-1: Pay for XKI Positions
Repealed in part by NS 274-1: Wage Changes