**Post Here To Claim Mobile Posts** (Pilot Program) Sept 10, 2019 2:48:52 GMT -5 via mobile Markanite, Louisistan, and 1 more like this
Post by The Regional Reserve on Sept 10, 2019 2:48:52 GMT -5
Effective Sepetember 15th, 2019, The Regional Reserve will be starting a 3 month pilot program designed to evaluate the benefits and difficulties of paying users for posts made via mobile interfaces (mobile browser, or tapatalk).
As it currently stands, 10000 Islands forums currency plugin generates 15 Tacos per post, paid to users. However because these plugins are only functional on the desktop version of the site, users who regularly or near exclusively post on the other versions of the site are not compensated for their posts.
Currently there are two proposed solutions which will pay people for these uncompensated posts:
1. Individual Claim System where individual users will be responsible for keeping track of uncompensated posts and claiming them
2. A Universal Post Payment System, which disables the payments made by the plugin and relies on the reserve to generate a payment to users who opt in to reserve post payments.
Each solution has its own strengths and weaknesses. It is my intention that the pilot program be used to compare the efficacy and reach of both programs to determine the best path forward. When the trial period ends mid-December 2019. The Regional Reserve will host a discussion to gather input on both systems and prepare to launch a comprehensive program to begin January 1st, 2020.
To clarify, at this time no changes are being made to payments from the plugin. The earliest such changes would take effect is at the start of the comprehensive program. And those changes will only be made if the decision is made to go ahead with a Universal Post Payment System.
The 3 month Pilot Program will consist of two components, each designed to test aspects of the various solutions. The first component is the individual mobile post claims. The second is a universal post count bonus in the monthly Mortimer Report. At the end of the pilot program a report will be made detailing the impact of each components.
Individual Mobile Post Claim Program:
In-order for users to claim their mobile posts, the user must do the following:
1. Using a search technique, Excel Method,
or a manual count — users will determine how many eligible posts they can claim.
2. Users will post claims for eligible posts here in this thread during the pilot program.
3. The Regional Reserve shall verify the claim and pay 15 Tacos per post claimed to each user claim.
A) in-order to verify the excel method, users must submit a screenshot of the table/cells with the count to The Regional Reserve via PM, or include it in their claim post.
The following posts shall be considered eligible:
1. Any post, made via mobile or via Tapatalk prior to the pilot program start
2. Any post made made via mobile or via Tapatalk after the program start that has not already been claimed by the user
Universal Post Count Bonuses:
Users whom have an Active Islander Account with the reserve and regularly receive Mortimer Payments will receive a tiered bonus based total post count with each Mortimer Payment. The tier bonuses shall be as follows:
1. less than 100 posts = 250 Tacos
2. 100 to 1,000 posts = 750 Tacos
3. 1,000 to 10,000 posts = 7,500 Tacos
4. 10,000 to 100,000 posts = 25,000 Tacos
5. More than 100,000 posts = 50,000 Tacos
Users who do not already have an Active Islander Account, will be eligible for the monthly post bonus if they establish an account with the Reserve.
If you have any questions or make claims please feel free to post here.
EDIT 9/12/2019 - Included Excel Method Link in Instructions
9/13/2019 - Includes instructions for verifying Excel Method