NS 300-4: Modify the Duties of the NRS Senator [PASSED] Oct 30, 2019 21:10:16 GMT -5
Post by Paffnia on Oct 30, 2019 21:10:16 GMT -5
NS 300-4: Modify the Duties of the Senator for New Republica South
Record Number: NS 300-4
1. The Senator for New Republica South shall be responsible for running and promoting debates and straw polls, with questions of their own and/or questions solicited from the broader community, including:
A. Regular debates and discussions, open to all Islanders and guests, on topics of interest, with a frequency of at least one new debate a month, as interest permits;
B. Debates between candidates for office in the region or between political parties on issues of regional governance, including offering delegate candidates a chance to debate every delegate election and offering Senate candidates a chance to debate as interest permits; and
C. Straw polls for delegate, with results posted prior to the opening of delegate candidate declarations
2. If the incumbent NRS senator is or plans to become a candidate in an election with a debate, their deputy shall run the debate. If they have no deputy or if their deputy is or plans to become a candidate, the Chief Executive shall choose a non-candidate nation or nations to run the debate.
3. The oversight of political parties shall be conducted by the Chief Executive.
4. NS 127-2 is hereby repealed.
5. NS 153-3 is hereby amended to read, in full: "Political parties may request a private sub-forum from the Chief Executive after they have existed for six months and remained active."
6. NS 236-2 is hereby amended to replace "NRS Senator" with "Chief Executive."
7. NS 241-1 is hereby amended to replace "NRS Senator" with "Chief Executive."
PASSED 7-1, with 1 abstention
The Tasmanian Islands
United Royal Islands
Modified: NS 153-3: Political Parties Sub-board Rules, NS 236-2: Clarification of Political Party Rules, and NS 241-1: Election Reform Bill
Repealed: NS 127-2: Add Duty for New Republica South Senator