A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.
Category: Moral Decency
Proposed by: Honeydewistania
The World Assembly,
ACKNOWLEDGING that sports such as bullfighting, cockfighting and dogfighting are popular amongst member nations;
HORRIFIED that in most of these cases at least one of the participants in such competitions is forced to participate, usually resulting in their death or serious injury;
BELIEVING that, for the safety and protection of all sentient beings, legislation in the form of a General Assembly resolution is needed to prevent such cruel and barbaric practices;
1. Defines a "blood sport" as a form of entertainment involving two or more living beings in which the aim is to injure or kill the opponent, not including hunting of non-sapient creatures;
2. Prohibits all forms of blood sports in which one or more of the participants did not provide consent;
3. Prohibits all forms of blood sports in which the aim is to kill the opponent, despite consent;
4. Requires member states to relocate all captive former sapient blood sport participants to a safe and healthy rehabilitative environment, such as their natural habitat, where they will not destroy the environment, be harmed or harm others;
5. Encourages member states to relocate all captive former non-sapient blood sport participants to a safe and healthy rehabilitative environment, such as their natural habitat, where they will not destroy the environment, be harmed or harm others;
6. Encourages members states to humanely put down non-sapient creatures groomed for blood sports if rehabilitation is not possible.
This is the discussion thread. To cast your vote, go HERE
Firstly, this proposal has no definition of consent. Broadly, consent isn't just like in sexual relations, where both partners have to approve before anything happens, both parties need to understand the consequences of what they are agreeing to. Consent in this case can be coerced against someone's will.
Secondly, the proposals allows for blood sports with the aim of maiming or crippling them permanently. You can still hold a gladiator fight, as long as one of parties technically does not die.
Against for the reasons above.
96th Knight of TITO, Ambassador to the South Pacific and Emissary to the Philippines, won an WW game once
106th Knight of TITO XKI Recruiter Order of The Islands Former Senior Senator of New Republica South Editor-in-Chief of The Mad Surfer Emissary to European Union, Capitalist Paradise Member XKIFTA/PEP/LUAC/IITP MP South Dingo Island
Post by Hakketomat on May 30, 2020 10:14:20 GMT -5
This proposal lacks definition of participant (opponent is vague)... It could be that an animal isn't a participant but rather object/wager entered by owner who is the participant. Then the objective isn't to to kill or injure any participants but rather their object/wager.
This could apply to slaves or prisoners as well but that should be covered by other resolutions making it a non-issue.
Last Edit: May 30, 2020 10:16:08 GMT -5 by Hakketomat
XKI Emissary to Canada and The East Pacific Former XKI Emissary to Belgium
Former Senator for Blue Canaria North and Senior Senator