A resolution to modify universal standards of healthcare.
Area of Effect: Healthcare
Proposed by: Morover
The World Assembly,
Noting that certain medical instruments require proper sterilisation in order to prevent the spread of infectious disease,
1. Defines "susceptible medical instrument" (SMI) as an apparatus used in a healthcare setting and with a material potential to carry and spread communicable disease to an individual;
2. Tasks the Epidemic and Pandemic Alert and Response Center (EPARC) with creating and keeping up-to-date safe and effective standards of
i. sterilization and disposal of each type of SMI;
ii. determining the amount of reuse each type of SMI may undergo before disposal is needed;
iii. determining the amount of reuse each type SMI may undergo before sterilization is needed;
3. Requires sterilization, disposal, or both to be done once needed in accordance with EPARC standards whenever SMIs are used in a healthcare setting;
4. Urges medical practitioners to use their best judgment, informed by EPARC protocols, to prevent the spread of disease via SMIs without specific standards established by EPARC;
5. Demands all SMIs which do not presently have up-to-date standards established by EPARC to be reported immediately to the committee so that standards can be established or updated in a timely manner; and
6. Mandates that all individuals working in healthcare with an SMI of any kind be adequately trained to carry out the standards established by EPARC for the kind of SMI which they use and continue to receive training to maintain competency as to the latest standards.
Co-Authored by Imperium Anglorum
This is the discussion thread. To cast your vote, go HERE