SC Proposal: Repeal Condemn Vandoosa Jun 18, 2020 21:44:12 GMT -5 via mobile
Post by Kuriko on Jun 18, 2020 21:44:12 GMT -5
Repeal: “Condemn Vandoosa”
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.
Proposed By: Tinhampton
Security Council Resolution #188 “Condemn Vandoosa” shall be struck out and rendered null and void.
THE SECURITY COUNCIL:
DISPUTING SC#188's lamentation that "the high efficiency of Cimmeria... could have been avoided without the presence of Vandoosa," when such advances were in fact largely the result of an illegal imported superweapon called "Predator" that was predominantly deployed by self-proclaimed "Witch-Queen of Cimmeria" Cora II;
RECOGNISING that Vandoosa (along with the regions of Cimmeria and DEN) had previously used Predator while serving in DEN, although on a much smaller scale compared to many other nations; as a result, the governments of all three entities were permanently disbanded by force just 100 days after the passage of the target resolution, while the administration of Cora II was convicted of war crimes so heinous that its members are now permanently barred from taking public office in any other country;
ADAMANT that the restoration of Vandoosa's government under the much more diligent banner of Vando0sa, and likewise the relocation of Glorious Nations of Iwaku to The Glorious Nations of Iwaku, does not appear to have had a great impact on recruitment and activity levels for the latter region;
AWARE that Vando0sa, the founder of The Glorious Nations of Iwaku, is not currently sullied with a Condemnation, and resultantly struggling to see how would-be immigrants into said region could possibly be deterred by the continued application of SC#188;
DISMAYED at the target resolution's failure to explain why many of the raids carried out by Vandoosa that it recalls (such as the annihilation of Territory of Finland, in which Glorious Nations of Iwaku was a minor participant) are at all significant or noteworthy beyond being carried out by a raider; in particular, citing the relatively small number of 522 tag raids over three months that Vandoosa took part in with the Cimmerian Merc Unit;
NOTING that the author of SC#188, during a debate on Wallenburg's failed attempt to repeal it in March 2016, asserted that it was "poorly written;" and citing some of its innumerable mistakes as:
• arguing that Vandoosa had ousted "the rightful rulers of in well over five hundred regions" (which is not only a SPaG error but also a factual misstatement: Vandoosa had only actually displaced around 350 WA Delegates with Cimmeria at the time) and decrying their mistreatment of "native(s) of invaded regions region;"
• misspelling "record" as "ecord," before mysteriously claiming that Vandoosa had worked to "reinstate the organisation" of The Black Riders under the aegis of Black Riders (in fact, it was Cora II that essentially rebranded Cimmeria as Black Riders in early December 2015, contradicting Vandoosa's statement mere weeks earlier that "TBR is DEN now!");
• claiming that residents of Vandoosa's native region were horrified by "their founders evildoings;"
• wrongly referring to the region of Alternative History World as "Alternative World History;" and
• inserting at least eleven unnecessary commas (and a phantom linebreak in the second clause) ad hoc; and
REAFFIRMING its belief that any resolution which exaggerates the achievements of its nominee as grossly as SC#188 does - as even the government of Vando0sa itself has publicly admitted - should be nullified:
HEREBY REPEALS SC#188 "Condemn Vandoosa."
This is the discussion thread. To cast your vote, go HERE