GA Proposal: Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste Apr 17, 2021 14:28:40 GMT -5 Flying Eagles likes this
Post by Wischland on Apr 17, 2021 14:28:40 GMT -5
Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste
A resolution to enact uniform standards that protect workers, consumers, and the general public.
Area of Effect: Safety
Proposed by: Molopovia
The General Assembly,
Recognizing that there have been numerous resolutions concerning produced waste storage,
Noting that so far, even with nuclear, chemical and biological resolutions, there has been no catch-all resolution passed to this very day,
Acknowledging that despite all other resolutions' efforts, the problem of non-contained waste is still prevalent today,
Wishing to remedy this situation and further strengthen our goal to alleviate and eliminate produced waste that can harm people and the environment alike,
Further recognizing that although no issue can ever disappear permanently, steps can be taken to alleviate it to the very point where it is no longer significantly affecting our society,
PRODUCED WASTE - Any kind of waste discharged from factories and other industrial zones that has the potential to become a problem, e.g. toxic waste, nuclear waste, polluted waste, etc.
BUSINESS - For the purposes of this resolution, any business, private or government-owned, engaging in manufacturing or production of any kinds of goods, or otherwise its operations requiring to operate an Industrial Facility (see definition below.)
STORAGE FACILITY - Facilities carefully constructed and certified to store produced waste inside it without further environmental contamination and destruction for a long period of time.
INDUSTRIAL FACILITY - Any facility owned privately or by the government used to manufacture or produce anything, that can hold the potential of discharging produced waste.
NGOs - Initialism for Non-Government Organizations, of which are private organizations dedicating funding, resources and time to any important cause, in this case the ensured long-term storage of produced waste.
Hereby legislates that:
1. All private businesses utilizing industrial facilities such as factories, must employ at least one storage facility, whether overground or as a bunker. Preexisting but certified facilities are allowed to be utilized by businesses.
2. In the event that businesses cannot acquire a storage facility, national governments and NGOs are encouraged to provide for them by constructing facilities or bunkers around their country.
3. Storage facilities must remain certified as safe for long-term containment, with a minimum standard of 70 years. They must be able to store at least 7,000 metric tons of waste and maintained professionally up until its intended duration.
4. NGOs and national governments are encouraged to invest time and resources in assisting in the effort to an non-contained waste-free world.
5. Measures must be taken in order to reduce waste discharge from industrial facilities of businesses.
6. Penalties in the form of monetary fines shall be distributed to businesses that do not take the necessary measures to store waste properly, even if they are offered facilities from an NGO or a national government.
7. Subsidization from the World Assembly and willing governments of member-states are encouraged, in order to advance towards the goal of a non-contained waste-free world.
8. Governments must also take measures to provide for their own industrial state businesses to have their long-term storage facilities of produced waste.
9. Occasional repairs updates, or overhauls if need be, to the storage facilities shall take place in order to maintain their upkeep as they age.
This is the discussion thread. To cast your vote, go HERE