A resolution to enact uniform standards that protect workers, consumers, and the general public.
Area of Effect: Safety
Proposed by: Hulldom
Believing that it is prudent for residents of all states to have access to critical information before, during, and after emergencies,
Noting the creation of international standards regarding emergency broadcasting was urged in GA #570 "Disaster Precautions and Responses", hereby:
1. Defines "emergency event", for the purposes of this resolution, as any serious, unexpected, or dangerous situation requiring immediate action to avoid widespread property damage, injury, or loss of life.
2. All member states must create emergency communications systems which shall be utilized to communicate with their residents regarding emergency events.
3. Member states shall utilize a variety of means to communicate with their citizens during an emergency event. These means shall be commensurate with the technology available in each member state.
4. If an emergency event threatens another nation, the member state first affected must notify that nation of the event so they can promptly communicate with their citizens regarding the emergency if the disaster would otherwise be likely to surprise the other nation.
5. Member states shall prioritize the broadcasting of localized or regionalized messaging in emergency events if practical under the circumstances.
6. Member states are required to undertake regular testing of all emergency communications systems and to ensure that the equipment used, if any special equipment is used, is in good repair.
This is the discussion thread. To cast your vote, go HERE
Last Edit: Nov 18, 2021 22:23:38 GMT -5 by Wischland
TITO Tactical Officer Former Senior Senator for Blue Canaria North 118th Knight of TITO Crazy Cat Lady Extraordinaire