United States of Kon Island Feb 12, 2016 23:47:57 GMT -5
Post by Kon Island on Feb 12, 2016 23:47:57 GMT -5
People & Culture
- Main Information:
- Nation motto: "Justice and Freedom for all"
Official Language: Konnish, a mix of the ancient dialect Aktron and English. Also know as Konner English.
National Animal: Rattlesnake, Winged-Rattlesnake (symbolic).
Population (As per NS): 116 million.
Population (RP): 46.8 million.
Life Expectancy: Males 75, Females 79.
Below, in accordance with the latest census the nine states, capitals and population:
# - State Capital Capital-Population 1- Pentagron Pentagron* 2.615 million 2- Albaron Pliades 3.422 million 3- Nukevalle Sunnyhill 890.334 4- Danthon Ratletrail 1.542 million 5- Ketsalko Owmek 1.459 million 6- Black Mesa Volcant 645.312 7- Trevor Zagron 1.287 million 8- Ulbra Mary Janne Town 782.430 9- Alaballe Crocodile City 2.399 million
(SOURCE:Mirajanne Institute of Antropology and Golden Square Inc.) *National Capital
- Historical Overview:
- Classical Age:
- The first record of civilization in Kon Island dates back more than 1000 BC, small communes and tribal villages scattered along the coast and the Great Green Lake. Thanks to the relative isolation and the rocky, devastated appearance of the Big Island, the firsts civilizations thrived and formed strong and independent city states. At this time the cities flourished, technology and wealthy had been accumulated and people lived with some degree of wellness. Each city had its own commanders, Nokishas in the local language, and in general were well related. But peace in the region did not stop the war among the nations of Kon.
- The Great War of Ants (GWA) Age:For more than 1000 years the city-states succeed continuous military expansionist campaigns against each other. During this period cities were destroyed, civilizations absorbed, people lived in extreme poverty and no government had enough power to unify the island. Barbaric Invaders raid the island and in the end of the period only two of the initial cities remained intact, Thron and Aldebaran, but the war wasn't over yet, and 12 rulers fiercely fought to control the island.
- Dark Calvary Age:
- The shipwreck of Mary Janne, paiting by Owick AlastairAll changed around 1200 AD, when foreing invasions increase and the city-states where in more caos then ever the Aron-kon volcano exploded the city of Thron and the montain below, covering the island with lava and smoke. The effects of this disaster were devastating throughout all Kon Island, plunging the population into chaos and more misery. At that time, the brittle governments were dissolved and many tried to flee the island. The few who stay fiercely disputed scarce resources. Estimates say that the population was decreased to only 30%, and the once bright citys remained in ruins. 200 years pass and the villages finally start to grow, and once again the intern disputs threatened the region. Extremist governments emerged, isolating the city-states from each other, and the island from the rest of the world. In this darks times, Kon had his first documented contact with the Kingdom Of Barrington, when a ship, Mary Janne, sank in Ketsalko coast. The survivors of the ship found a ruined and primitive land where few tyrants called Konths reigned and soon they had to deal with their fierce inhabitants.
But Captain Jhonn S. Carter was able to establish some comunication with the locals, promising wepons and thecnology from his country he convince Konth Yaham Kriegs to help him to get back to his land. Left that summer the Captain, 10 of his crew and 20 native slaves. In the island remained 15 of Mary Janne's crew, who took shelter with the remains of the ship's hull in the shores of the Great Green Lake with the protection of Konth Kriegs. 10 years had passed, the Mary Jane's ship survivors allied with the locals and established a small village. The exchange of technology helped the Kriegs faction to expand their powers but not enough to unite the Island. The growth of wealth in the country and the strategical location finally attracted the attention of foreign countries, the cities remained in constant threat of external attacks and war could happen at any time.
The Allegiance Age:
Finally in 1435, an an armed squad of Barrington's Kingdom, leaded by Captain Iggor Karrigan arrived in Pentagron city, ruled by Konth Kriegs. Unlike the Konth's desire, the squad wasn't in a commerce mission and a quick war rage in Pentagron. Given the technological gap between the countrys soon the city was occupied by the invaders terrorizing the other Konth's. What Iggor didn't know was that his advicer Jhonn S. Carter had his on vision of the mission, and once in Konner territory, he managed to contact his former comrades and with they help, was able to summon the first meeting of all the Konth's of the island. After exhaustive discussions the first Meeting finaly design a special armed force, gathering fighters from all the cities and together they marched towards Pentagron waging a war for one month, forcing the invaders, in small number, to retreat to their ships. Having lost the battle and his most important advice presumed dead, Captain Iggor order the squad to retreat and Kon island enjoyed a short period of peace. Two years later Barrington's Kingdom squad returns with a even bigger contingent surrounding the major coastal cities. Again the presence of Carter, forgeted by the Barrians, was essential for the following events, as he was versed in the the finest diplomatic arts, and a student of modern philosophy his presence was gradually changing the vision of Kon rulers. At the time of the second invasion of Barrington's Kingdom the diplomatic relations between the cities were stronger than ever, and the invasion caused the first official union in Kon Island history, was born the United Kingdom of Kon ruled by a council of Konth's. After a series of bloody battles, Carter suggests an agreement between the two countries and with the condition of ceasefire, departs with his proposal for Barrington's Kingdom. In the documment was established the opening of the ports, end of slavery and fixed tariffs. In 1438 Barrington's Kingdom recognizes the Kon government, cease the attacks and started diplomatic relationships, Carter, back in Kon Island, was receive as war hero and start to live in Pentagron. At an advanced age, living in Pentagron Carter wrote:
"(...) for that, in the worst nightmare of my life, I found that I know nothing about suffering. This warrior people lying condemned to live with a fire demon, seems able to finally unite to get out of they miserable situation. When I woke up in Kon, I didn't saw an devastated island , I saw hope and strength. With these thoughts I shall continue to conciliate the various people of this island, looking for a warm future, prosperous and free to all."
The Liberation Age:
The 12th resolution of the First Concil of Freedom established the union of the states, the founding states were Pentagron, Albaran, Dhanton, Ketsalko, Trevor and Green Lagoon. Despite the union, the states remained extremely independent, resulting in a tiny government, which basically existed to mediate conflicts between states and repelling possible invasions. Only after the summon of the 13rd Concil of Freedom (1850), the federation gain greaters powers as economic decisions and social welfare. The 13rd council also marks the recognition of the states Black Mesa and Alaballe.
The Contemporary Age
Landscape of Pliades, capital of Albaron by Andy Mahazar
- The Contemporary Kon Island is a technologic nation with a strong pro free market economy, based almost interely in the private sector (Government represents only 1.6%), which is broadly diversified and distributed, since the government doesn't subsidize any sector of the economy. The Konners valorize freedom above any other concern, and the States have liberty to create their on rules leaving for the federetion economic politics, national security and judiciary conflicts. The Konners enjoy they large civil, economics and political rights, but struggles with the abcence of government control of the corporations. Because of that, extremist partys has gain power in the last years and a right-wing party, the National Anarch Capitalist party (NAC) had control of the government in the last 8 years, rising taxes, exterminating all welfare programs, creating the first ministry of defense in Kon history and rising the budget of the national army (Carter League). But the rising of incoming gap, scandals of corruption and the caos in the police departament led the Free Flying Snakes Party (FFS) to win the latest election.
- Main Information:
- Currency: Konnies (K$)
Three-World Classification: First World
NS Economy Ration: Very Strong
Exchange rate: K$1.00 Konnie= $0.99 USD
Major industries (NS): Gambling, Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Soda Sales;
Major industries(RP): Services, Robotics, Manufacture machinery, Retail, Information Technology, Pharmaceutical, Mining;
Exports: Petalite, Coal, Silicon, Machinery, Manufacture (Plastic products, Eletronics, Synthetic Diamond, Medical equipments, Tobacco, Hemp, Fashion, Paper), Computers Manufacturers, Pharmaceuticals, Services (ICT), Industrial/Agricultural/Militar robots, Ships, Alcoholic beverages;
Imports: Agricultural goods (Wheat, Meat, Coffee and many others), Automobiles, Rare metals, Oil, Unprocessed material(Latex, Lumber, Crude oil, Iron ore, Cotton, Letter) ;
- Economic Statistics (01/2010)
Overview Last Reference GDP 1.739 Trillion 1/2012 GDP Growth Rate 2.8 % 1/2012 Inflation Rate 0.32% 1/2012 Exports K$ 45.350 Million 1/2011 Imports K$ 45.026 Million 1/2011 Government Debt to GDP 15.12% 1/2011 Balance of Trade + K$ 3,324,000.00 1/2011 Unemployment Rate 3.11% 1/2012 Corporate Tax Rate 15% 1/2012 Personal Income Tax Rate 15% 1/2012 Sales Tax Rate 15% 1/2012 Export Tax 0% 1/2010 Social Security Rate For Companies 0% 1/2010
- Economic Statistics (01/2010)
- Main Information:
- Government Type: Federal Republic;
Republic foundation: 12 of july of 1661;
- Alliances: none;
- The Prime Council:
Prime Minister: Mark V. Atsaron Minister of Justice: Minerva K. Hamilton Minister of Economy: Pharaz Heinen
- The prime council is the higher executive power of Kon Island. Traditionaly is formed by the prime Minister, the minister of Justice and the minister of Economy. The position of minister of defense in the prime council, in effect in the last eight years, was dissolved by the current party.
- Government Departments:
- The prime council has 13 departments at their disposal, each one is headed by a CEO and is a non representative position and can be replaced by the council (Prime or Senate) at any time. Below list of the 13 dept. and the respectives CEO's:
Departament of Information and comunication Theobald Flannigan Departament of the Treasury Miles Hargeon Departament of Defense Dennis Arkham Departament of Science and Education Bianca Steele Departament of Agriculture Mary Gharth Departament of Commerce Anny Von-Hekk Departament of Statistics Mira Olivier Enthran Departament of Welfare Vincent Lagron Departament of Urban Development Patrice Jhaz Hills Departament of Logistics Jannis Porttman Departament of Natural Resources Nicolas Theadon Departament of Internal Affairs Leona Ferris Departament of International Relations Carlson Garric Nokkus
- The Senate Council:
- House of laws, the council reunites representatives of each one of the nine states, the number of representatives are decided by the "State Council" of each state but can't pass 3 senators. The main duty is to create laws and mediate interest disputs between states, but they powers are restricted since the states are free to conceive they on laws.
- The State Council:
- Each state has a State Council, responsible to create and execute laws exclusive for the state. The Council is lead by the Prime Consul and can't pass 100 representatives per state.
- The Small Council:
As the state council, create and execute laws exclusive for the city. It's composed by a mayor elected by the people and the leaders of the regional councils of the city.
- Main Information:
- Climate: Marine West Coast;
Natural Hazards: The monstrous sleeping volcano Aron-Kon, blizzards and hail;
Highest Point: Mount Aron-Kon, 4,091m / 13,422ft;
- Notable Geographical Features: The Volcano Aron-kon, The Cordillera Mha-haktron, The Great Green lake, The cold desert of Sectzal;
Major Landmarks & Tourist Attractions: Termals and geysers of Black Mesa, Atlantis Paradise - floating casino in Crocodile city, The Sky Spear Bulding in Pliades, Pentagron's Great lighthouse;
Kon Island Climate is directly affected by the Aron-Kon Volcano and the Mha-haktron Cordillera, the formations divide the climate of the island two: the south-west side with warm summers and dry and cold winters; the north-east side with high preciptations levels and a harsh winter with blizzards and hail. The rivers that are born in Mha-haktron Cordillera are very important both to climate and water supply of the island. The Cordillera is also responsable to contain the dry air of Sectzal desert.
National Army of the United States of Kon Island (CARTER LEAGUE)
- Main Information:
Ceo of the Defense Dept.: Dennis Arkham
Total Military Budget (2010): K$ 12.235 Billion
Total Active Duty personnel: 10,000
Total Personnel: 10,000
Ground Forces - KIISA, KITRF and KISST:
The Ground Forces of Kon Island are the primary defense against foreing threats. With a history of invasions but most of all internal issues, the federation invests above all in technology and defense, trying to minimize costs without compromising the protection of the country, culminating in a lean, technological and extremely effective army; the federation also don't waive the possibility of hiring private companies to possible military campaigns. The ground forces are divided in 3 sub-departments, KIISA, KITRF and KISST.
KIISA - Kon Island Internal Security Army (Convencional army):
Active Duty personnel: 1000
KITRF - Kon Island Tatical Response Force (Antiterrorism/biological threat):
Active Duty personnel:300
KISST - Kon Island Service of Strategy and Technology (Intelligence agency):
Active Duty personnel: 1700
Navy - KINSA:
Active Duty personnel: 4000
The Kon Island Naval Security Army - KINSA - is responsible for naval borders as well as monitoring and prosecution of illegal activities in the coastal region of the island. Given the location of the country, the vast coastline and historical events this is currently the largest army of the country.
Air force - KIASF:
Active Duty personnel:3000
The Kon Island Air Security Force - KIASF - had a late development in the country, been the youngster of the 5 sub-depts. of CARTER'S LEAGUE and also the most technological. The main objective is to ensure border security. The department invests heavily in purchase of autonomous/remoting control flight equipment and monitoring .
Standard Military Weaponry :
Sidearm: FN Five-Seven 5.7x28mm, HK45 TACTICAL
Automatic Rifle: SIG SG 550
Sniper Rifle: M24 7.62x51mm
Submachine Gun: Sig Saur MPX, Heckler & Koch MP5
Rocket Launcher: AT-4CS
Grenades: Smoke grenade, M67 hand grenade, Sting